Volunteers are the heart and backbone of Habitat
Time and time again, our community has demonstrated its generosity through countless hours of volunteering. Through this collective effort families have been able to move into their very own homes – Thank You Volunteers
Wexford Habitat for Humanity still aims to seek passionate individuals and organizations to join us in our fight against substandard housing in Wexford County.
Volunteers of all skill levels, races and religions are welcomed!
Signing Up To Volunteer Is Easy!
Contact us today and let us help you get started! You can download a Volunteer Sign-Up Form online. Email your form to email@example.com and we will contact you for registration and scheduling. Check out our volunteer listings if you need ideas on how you’d best like to help!
- New volunteers must complete all sections of the Volunteer Information Form and Release and Waiver and return it to the Volunteer Coordinator at least one week prior to their first scheduled volunteer opportunity.
- Volunteers must contact the Volunteer Coordinator to register for a volunteer opportunity. Only those individuals who have signed up for an opportunity will be able to participate.
- If an individual is unable to make the day that he/she has signed up for, he/she should contact the Volunteer Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Volunteers should dress appropriately for the task. Individuals volunteering on the build site or at the ReStore should expect to be working outside and should expect to get dirty. No open-toed shoes are allowed on the build site or the ReStore. Volunteers not dressed properly may be asked to leave.
- Volunteers should arrive on time for their scheduled build day or volunteer opportunity.
- Volunteers with any special needs should contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Safety is of the upmost importance on the build site and the ReStore. Volunteers should follow the directions of the Site Leader, Construction Coordinator or supervisor at all times.
- Individuals must not be under the influence of alcohol or any illicit drugs while participating in volunteer opportunities.
- Individuals under the age of 18 should consult the Age Restrictions Guidelines regarding applicable volunteer opportunities.
- Individuals failing to follow the Volunteer Policy may be asked to no longer volunteer.
- In order to provide the best volunteer experience possible, our organization reserves the right to amend or update this policy as needed.
What volunteer opportunities are available?
- Our most common volunteer opportunity is to help on a build site. Construction volunteers help with various tasks, including framing, roofing, drywall, painting, or siding. We also look for individuals to volunteer to provide lunch to the construction volunteers on build days. For a description of these and other volunteer opportunities, please visit the Types of Volunteers section on our website.
Do I need to sign up to volunteer?
- Yes, you need to sign up in advance to volunteer. Please contact Mike Niebauer or Katie Frier at 231-775-7561 to sign up for a specific build day. Check out our calendar of Volunteer Opportunities on our website. If you have never volunteered with us before, you will need to fill out a Volunteer Information Form and a Release and Waiver.
What do I wear?
- Wear appropriate clothing for the weather and the task for your volunteer day. For your safety, no open-toed shoes are allowed. Sunscreen is also recommended if you are working outside. Remember, you are working on a construction site. So you will get dirty!
What do I bring?
- If you have them, bring safety glasses, a hammer, tape measure and gloves. If you do not have these items, they will be provided for you.
What should I expect for a build day?
|8:45 AM||Check In at Build Site|
|9:00 AM||Morning Devotion and Safety Meeting|
|9:10 AM||Construction Begins|
|12:00 PM||Lunch Break|
|12:30 PM||Construction Resumes|
|3:30 PM||Build Day Ends|
What if I have no previous construction experience?
- No previous construction experience is required. Volunteers are divided up into teams with a Crew Leader. The Crew Leader will mentor you and teach you everything you need to know.
What if I have previous construction experience?
- We are always looking for Crew Leaders to help lead groups of volunteers. If you are interested in being a Crew Leader, please contact Mike Niebauer for more details.
Who do I contact for more information?
- Please contact Mike Niebauer 231-775-7561.
We look forward to you volunteering with us!